Friday 11 March 2016

Daiso Silicone Face Mask Review

Silicone face masks first became popular in Japan from 2014 to 2015. I remember I first heard of the silicone face mask on Reddit, and then got reminded of it again when watching Beauty Bible. In 2015 S/S Episode 1 (2015.05.01), the hosts learn about some popular Japanese items, the first being the Daiso Silicone Mask. You can see here that there are many a review of the Daiso Silicone Mask from Japanese Youtubers.

The mask was so popular it was constantly sold out everywhere after it was introduced on television.I had a similar experience when I was hunting for it myself as I went to four different Daiso shops within Sydney. I was so glad and surprised when I finally walked into a newly opened Daiso and found the silicone mask there.


The Silicone Sheet Mask has:
  • Wrapping effect- worn over a sheet mask, it prevents the mask's serum from evaporating until air condition. 
  • With ear loops to prevent the sheet mask from slipping when you move.
  • Used in the bath without a sheet mask, it works as a face-steaming mask.
  • Made of silicone material that does not have the unpleasant odour peculiar to rubber.
  • Can be washed and reused.



Directions: 
(When using over a sheet mask): Put on your sheet mask, then place the silicone mask over your mask making sure that the eye holes and the mouth aligns. Pull the ear loops over the ears. Leave the face mask on for as long as instructed.

(When using directly on your skin): Remove makeup and take a bath/whilst taking a bath, place silicone mask over your face making sure that the eye holes and the mouth aligns. Pull the ear loops over the ears. Leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes (your own body temperature will cause your face to perspire).

You can adjust the size of the mask by cutting the ear loops so that the silicone face mask can stretch better.

Price: 2.80AUD (100yen)

The silicone mask comes in pink and white. I purchased the pink version. I have only used the silicone mask over other sheet masks and I must say that it sure makes talking, sitting upright, eating, and drinking much easier! The silicone mask fits well on my face and I find that even after an hour, my sheet mask still does not feel damp.
I do wonder how much of the serum evaporation is lost to the air and how much is absorbed into my skin. After an hour, I take off the silicone mask and put the sheet mask on my neck. I feel that I get better use out of my sheet masks this way. My face does hurt a little bit around the ears after wearing the silicone face mask for a period of time, but I think that the convenience of being able to move around and using my sheet masks for longer is worth the 2.80AUD I paid for it:)




I haven't tried the steaming method and I don't plan to, but I'm interested to know if you try it. This is not an essential, must-have item, but it sure makes the sheet masking experience even more enjoyable and hassle-free.


Yes, it says 'Grace Mask'...

/ 5

No comments :

Post a Comment