Tuesday 1 March 2016

Makeup and Skincare empties + review Feb 2016 (Project Use Up All the Samples 2k16)

My second month of empties for 2k16 is here and I decided to do what I said I wouldn't do-- keep a bag full of my rubbish to see what I've used up. Here are my empties for February 2016.




Samples

1. Etude House Age Defense Softener

- Don't like the scent of this line. It reminds me of very heavy, flowery mature lady perfume. I did however, like the jelly texture of Softener as it absorbed quickly into my skin. I HATE VIAL SAMPLES. WNR*

2. Etude House Age Defense Essential Emulsion
- This was so thick I felt it could be renamed as a cream rather than an emulsion. It felt a bit heavy on the face, but made it really moisturised. I STILL HATE VIAL SAMPLES. WNR

3. Avene Gentle Milk Cleanser
- I liked that this cleanser felt so soft on my face but I'm not sure if this cleanser is contributing to my breakouts this month. I prefer foaming cleansers that I can use with my foaming net. WNR

4. The Face Shop Myeonghan Miindo Heaven Grade Ginseng Emulsion
- Very meh and forgettable but it helped to keep my face moisturised without a cream step. I hate samples that come in these little vials and I haven't been impressed by any skincare from The Face Shop. WNR

5. Sukin Detoxifying Clay Masque
- (Copy pasta from last month) This was a surprisingly thin mask. It didn't even seem like it had any clay in it (it has kale, spirulina, and parsley). It felt tingly and didn't leave my face feeling dry. Good for vegans. WNR (only because I don't think I need a clay mask in my routine)

6. Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Borabit Ampoule
- Ahhh, the famous dupe for Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair. This ampoule also had that amber colour and was a thin liquidy texture that absorbed into my skin without any tackiness left behind. I would like to start using some anti-aging serums/ampoules but I don't think I'll pick this one up without testing more samples first. WNR

7. Purito Snail All In One BB Cleanser
- (Copy pasta from last month) smells like grass, herbs, or something green. Used this as a second cleanser after cleansing oil. Does an okay job, but my micellar water still picked up a little trace of bb cream afterwards. WNR

8. Innisfree Ginger Oil Serum
- This smells so comforting and reminds me of cooler weather, like honey ginger. Serum is lotion like and looks a bit like a fluorescent blue (?). It tingled a little when I applied it on my face and I felt it was simulating the circulation on my face. The little 1ml sample pack lasted around three uses. I'm interested enough to try other samples and may even purchase it for Winter use as I've been on an Innisfree kick lately. WR

9. Skinfood Black Sugar Perfect First Serum
- Review here. WNR

10. Cosrx Blackhead Power Liquid
- My first BHA! I only used it on my breakouts. There were a few pimples where I felt the BHA did help, but others where I felt it did nothing. Generally, I have dry skin and use AHA. I don't feel that I need a BHA in my routine... yet. WNR

11. Neulii Aloe BHA Soothing Serum
- As far as first impressions go, I really liked the texture. More detailed thoughts will come in the future. Arrival post here.

12. Banila Co. CC Color Control Base Whitening/Moisturising it Radiant CC Cream
- Love this. So moisturising and a nice, light pink toned base. Perfect for a bit of light coverage on already good skin. I wouldn't encourage using this on troubled skin with acne. WR

13. Etude House Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base #2 Berry Choux
- Comes off a bit chalky but it does a good job at oil control and colour correcting. It smells so sweet and tasty >_> I'm interested in trying the cushion version in peach. WNR

14. Nivea Crème (5ml)
- This was the German version. I loved the thick, melted texture it had after rubbing the cream in. However, I'm worried about the cream breaking me out if I use it on my face so I used 70% off this tin on my feet. My feet liked it. WNR

15. Nivea Men Creme (30ml)
- I liked the German Nivea Creme much better. I disliked that heavy cologne scent; I'm not sure why Nivea thought they must cover up the original, fairly scentless product with manly smells. This was a thinner lotion texture than the German Nivea Crème (I liked that texture better). I used this on my feet. My feet weren't very moisturised due to the high amounts of alcohol in the formula, but they smell like an attractive man I guess. Opened on the 31/1/16, finished on the 27/1/16. Have another 30ml tin to go through. WNR

16. Innisfree Enriched Orchid Cream
- So soft, smooth, and moisturising on my face. It smells like flowery pillows on my face. I really like this cream (because purple and orchids), but the price and a need for a thicker cream in Winter and possibly no cream in Summer stops me from actually buying this. WNR

TOTAL = 16 samples

Full Sized Products



1. TRESemme Heat Tamer Protective Spray
- I love the smell of this spray. I do find that it does leave my hair a little bit sticky sometimes, but it is something I can live with. I think this was my second or third bottle. Already repurchased when it was on sale. WR

2. Hello Kitty Juicy Grape
- I purchased this for myself for my birthday in December 2014. Can't say I like the smell as it does not smell like grape to me. It has more of a sweet, sickly, powdery smell. Glad I finished this and can now use my second bottle of the Hello Kitty Bubblegum spray which smells like Hubba Bubba. WNR

3. Nature Republic By Flower Lip Balm
- Goodbye Suho. Review already posted here. WNR, plus it is now discontinued.

4. Stila Lip Glaze in Jingle CX
- A sticky semi-sheer gloss. I liked the cherry medicine smell, but other than that, it was nothing spectacular. I also liked the wind up pen design for application, but hate how it looks like there's still gloss left over in the tube when I can't wind it up! I prefer clear gloss that is high shine to use over other lip colours and products. WNR

5. Cosmos Beauty Cover
- Got this from 86Shop in Taiwan. Supposedly, these product uses the same material as 3M hydrocolloid bandages (I don't think so as I alternated using these and 3M; these covers aren't as absorbent and are really thick). Covers were 0.8cm x 20, 1.2cm x 8, and 1.5cm x 3. I didn't have any use for the 1.5cm covers until I got a really weird, giant blister pimple on my chin:( Prefer the 3M ones in terms of quality, stickiness, and ability to draw out pus. WNR

TOTAL = 5

MONTH TOTAL = 21

RUNNING TOTAL = 52 empties yay


Other things I finished but not counting towards samples or full-sized products.



Various Innisfree masks- 9
Acai Berry x 2
Aloe
Bamboo
Blackberry
Cucumber
Pomegranate
Rice
Tea Tree
- Quick review here. I do wonder sometimes if I should try and wean myself off my sheet masks and just invest in a serum. I like pampering myself and the feeling of giving my face treats. I'll think about it when I finish all the masks I have, probably in a year's time. WR

Biore Pore Pack Black -1 
- I find that the white ones work better for me. These black ones do not seem to stick as well and leaves behind a gross glue-y black mess. WNR

*WNR = Would Not Re/purchase


 WR = Would Repurchase

I sort of caved in my no-buy and got a Daiso silicone mask ($2.80 unicorn is here!!!). I used it once and I think I can get used to the feeling of a mask not slipping of my face when I eat, talk, sit up straight.

I did good and started running. My goal for the next three months until June is get some regular exercise and to lose 2kgs. I would like to go back to weighing exactly 40kgs like in my high school days.

What have you used up this month?

No comments :

Post a Comment