Thursday 17 March 2016

Tony Moly Delight Tony Lip Tint #3 Orange Cha Cha Review

Previously, I have reviewed the #1 Cherry Pink version of the TonyMoly Cat Chu Wink Tony Tint. The original Tony Tint has been reformulated a few times with the Delight Tony Tint the latest offering (from memory, it was reformulated at the end of 2014).

The TonyMoly Delight Tony Tint comes in three colours:

1. Cherry Pink
2. Red
3. Orange Cha Cha




This lip tint contains Jojoba seed oil to help condition lips and express vivid colour.

Contents: 8.3ml

Price: 3,200won


This popular tint has gone from being a watery tint that can spill everywhere and stain everything into a less watery gel tint. Although I like the gel formula, I find it stains very unevenly for me and fades in patches. It has zero staining power on my top lip and does not play well with lip concealer (I use the Innisfree Tapping Lip Concealer) compared to the Cat Chu Wink version. I prefer the older version as I feel it stains my top and bottom lip more evenly, wears off nicely, AND worked with lip concealer. 

Like other pigmented tints, this tint also stains very quickly so you need to work with it as soon as you dab it onto your lips. I think this orangey red colour is very flattering on those with a yellow undertone. The scent of the formula has also changed from a cherry medicine smell (which I thoroughly enjoy) to a sweet white grape scent.



This tint has a slanted flat doe foot applicator and the handle at the top is in the shape of a heart. I feel this packaging is a fantastic upgrade from the Cat Chu Wink version which I felt was tacky. This lip tint works best for the gradient lip look rather than the full lip look (I don't like the full lip look!) as you'll  end up with a bright orange bottom lip and no colour on your upper lip.




/ 5

This has to be one of the most pigmented and cheapest tints on the market. It one of the 'original' popular lip tints amongst students along with Peripera's Water Tint and the Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint. I'm sad the formula of my favourite lip tint has changed and I am going to try the Peripera Ink Tint or the TonyMoly Get It Liptone Lip Tint next rather than repurchasing this one in Orange Cha Cha. I have a full sized tube of Cherry Pink and one and a half more samples of the Cat Chu Wink (my favourite colour and formula) of this left.

No comments :

Post a Comment