Tuesday 5 April 2016

Makeup and skincare empties + review: March 2016 (Project Use Up All the Samples 2k16)

It's already April and I still haven't found a full time job T_T On the plus side, I have gotten a few offers for contract jobs from other people who work in the field whilst twiddling my thumbs and going to interviews.

I also made another decent dent in my sample collection! Looks like everything I used up this month was skincare. Hopefully I'll finish a lip tint in April.






Samples



1. Benton Snail Bee High Content Skin x 3
- This is a watery toner. I kept on accidentally squeezing it everywhere but in the palm of my hands... It is watery, moisturising toner. Quite nice, but I don't think I would purchase this though I would happily use up more samples of this if I got it in a Luckybox purchase again. WNR

2. Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream x 1
- I first used a sample of this in 2013 and late 2015. After using it again this month, I have decided that I will purchase this in the full size and am looking forward to using up my last sample next month:) It is very thick and moisturising, and I feel it also seals in my previous steps. It smells like the Snail Bee Essence, Skin, and Aloe Toner with a tinge of metallic scent (is it the bee venom?). WP

3. Purito Snail All In One BB Cleanser x 3
- Yes, more copy pasta from last month. Smells like grass, herbs, or something green. Used this as a second cleanser after cleansing oil. Does an okay job, but my micellar water still picked up a little trace of bb cream afterwards. WNR

4. Neulii Aloe BHA Soothing Serum x 4
- One of my samples were empty! I was so surprised when I cut into it and it was filled with air. Oh well. Otherwise, I really enjoyed this serum on my weird chin break out at the beginning of March. It has the consistency of an aloe vera gel and it felt mild on my face whilst it gently exfoliated my skin. I don't think I need a BHA in my routine. WNR

5. Neulii Green Tea BHA Pore Tightening Serum x 5
- I only used this on my nose where I have two or three enlarged pores. Every time I used this, all I could smell was alcohol. I felt that after using this serum, my nose did not produce as much sebum as it normally does but I could not see any visible shrinkage of the pores on my nose. This is  a redundant step in my routine and I really don't need a BHA in my routine. WNR

6. Avene Gentle Milk Cleanser x 1
- Slight copy pasta from last month. I liked that this cleanser felt so soft on my face. I prefer foaming cleanser that I can use with my foaming net. WNR


TOTAL = 17

Full Sized Products



1. Skin Food Black Sugar Mask Wash Off
- My favourite physical scrub! I really like the feeling of being able to scrub my face and I feel it gets rid of some of the grits on my chin and nose as well as makes my skin feel smooth and soft. This scrub smells like lemon detergent with a hint of Coke in it. I think I will try the Strawberry version next. I'm not so much interested in the Honey version as I had already tried Mizon's version of the Honey Black Sugar Scrub. WR

2. Mizon Olive Honey Hand Cream
- Review here. WNR

3. 3M Nexcare Acne Cover
- These adhere so well and I feel that I can always rely on these to suck out the liquid in my blemishes. Luckily, I stocked up in Taiwan last year! WR

TOTAL = 3

MONTH TOTAL = 20

RUNNING TOTAL = 72 empties whoa


Other Items



Various Innisfree sheet masks x 10

Bamboo
Cucumber
Blackberry
Green Tea
Kiwi
Manuka Honey
Pomegranate
Shea Butter
Strawberry
Rose

*WNR = Would Not Re/Purchase
WR= Would Repurchase

This month I opened a few more items to use which is exciting! It has also started getting colder since moving into Autumn which I enjoy so, so much. It is nearly time for darker lip and nail colours and more syrupy lipsticks (Innisfree Creammellow!).

No comments :

Post a Comment