Thursday 7 April 2016

The Cost of My Everyday Makeup Routine

I have seen this topic floating around and I was interested to see for myself what my everyday makeup routine translates to in terms of dollars. Please keep in mind I am only counting makeup, not including skincare such as sunscreen and mist (which is not a setting spray, so I include it in skincare).

Most of these will be approximate prices because many of these items were purchased overseas and I want to calculate this using the Australian Dollar.




1. (BB Cream) Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream- 20AUD
2. (Mascara) Majolica Marjorca Lash Expander Edge Meister- 20AUD
3. (Eyeliner) CLIO Kill Black Brush Eyeliner- 15AUD
4. (Eyebrow) Etude House Design My Eyebrow - 6AUD
5. (Glitter liner) Etude House Bling Bling Eyestick- 6AUD
6. (Blush) Benefit Dandelion- 15AUD (rough estimate for the sample size)
7. (Lip Balm) Lucas' Papaw Ointment- 7AUD
8. (Tint) Etude House Fresh Cherry Lip Tint- 7AUD

TOTAL = 96AUD

I think 100 dollars sounds about right. Even though none of these items are high end, each step adds up. This is my 'base' makeup routine and the most minimum I am willing to go for an everyday look.

I like swapping lip products and colours everyday, so that is the only category I change everyday. 

Of course, my cosplay makeup/party makeup/fancy makeup includes more steps such as eyeshadow, lenses, base, eye primer, eyelash glue, another blush, concealer etc. It would be interesting to see how much more my routine would cost for 'special occasion' makeup routine.

How much does your daily face cost?

No comments :

Post a Comment