Saturday 30 July 2016

Lip Product Collection April 2016 (Whoops)

It has been eight months since I last took inventory of my makeup collection. My last one was in October 2015. Since lip products are my weakness and actually difficult to use up, I thought I would do a post dedicated to them and then check back again in October to see how things have changed.
I aim to par down my current collection and make the most of the older products I have before treating myself to new purchases, possibly at the end of this year. I have my eye on a few Aritaum Colour Lasting Tints, Aritaum Mirror Gloss Tint, Peripera Peri's Ink, and the TonyMoly Get It Liptone. By then, new products would have come out and maybe I won't even want any of these items by then.

(I wrote 98% of this in April but didn't post this until July *sigh*)


Opened ??

1. Estee Lauder High Gloss Plump 07 Natural Plump
- My favourite MLBB gloss. It gives a mild, but tolerable sting to your lips to plump them up. I already have quite plump lips so I find that this gloss helps to smooth out my lip lines.

2. & 3.Lucas' Papaw Ointment x 2
- I have one on my desk and one in my bag. Love this stuff. Everyone in my family uses it as well.

Opened in 2014

4. Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint Cherry Lavender PP501 (2014 Spring Limited Edition)
- I really wanted to use more of this during this year. I currently have around a quarter left.

5. Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint Cherry Coral OR202 (2014 Spring Limited Edition)
- I really wanted to use more of this during this year. I currently have a third left. It looks good with a darker orange tint layered on top of it, or a red tint or lipstick.

6. Innisfree Lip Concealer
- My first and only lip concealer. I think it looks great with some lip tints and lipsticks. With some others, it mixes in with the colour I apply on top and looks like a fine mess. I would like to try a lip concealer in a stick next time.

7. Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips Talk Exciting Orange OR205
- I love this milky orange colour! Too bad it excentuates flakes and dryness on my lips and in general looks terrible with my naturally pigmented lips. I have no idea how I managed to use up so much of it. On some days it looks good, on some days it doesn't. I love the candy smell of this and how glossy it is. I wouldn't be particularly upset if I didn't finish it before it spoiled.

8. Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips Talk Dizzy/Giddy Pink PK015
- The first lipstick I tried that I fell in love with-- it is also the lipstick that got me thinking that I could actually wear pink. I get compliments every time I wear this colour. I feel like I have worn this lipstick so much more than the orange lipstick from the same series, but because this lipstick is matte and much more pigmented, I use less of it. My only gripe with this lipstick is that I dislike the floral scent.

9. Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips Talk Etude Pink (2014 Limited Edition)
- I also really like this pink! However, I dislike how sheer it turns out on my lips and I hate the silver shimmers in it. I also dislike the rose scent of this lipstick. I prefer the candy smell of some of their other lipsticks.

Opened in 2015

10. Aritaum Honey Melting Tint 07 Coral Candy
- I'm onto the last quarter of this. I do like this tint, but it has its own pros and cons.
 
11. TonyMoly Tony Tint Delight 03 Orange Cha Cha
- I love this orange colour. Too bad I don't love the formula. However, I have found that this tint wears well under lipstick or mixed with another lip tint.

12. 3 Concept Eyes Lip Lacquer Super Coral
- Another one of those 'I love the colour but the formula sucks' for me. It is really powdery and doesn't mix well with my natural lip colour.

13. M.A.C Matte Candy Yum Yum
- Sometimes I think it makes my teeth look yellow, but other times I feel it looks great. Also get compliments when I wear this, but only as a light dab on the lips not as a full lip.

14. TonyMoly Tony Tint Cat Wink's Chu Tint 01 Cherry Pink
- My favourite colour and favourite lip tint of all time. That is saying a lot.

15. Innisfree Creammellow Lipstick 08 Moistful Dewy Red
- My favourite sheer red.

16.Innisfree Creammellow Lipstick 10 Latte Brown
 - The easiest no brainer colour to wear.

17. Maybelline Color Sensational 910 Shocking Coral
- Beautiful colour, but it is a bit too sheer for my liking. It slides off my lips easily. I DETEST the smell of this lipstick. It smells like plastic mixed with Playdoh. The worst part is that it smells expired when I got it brand new. It also melted onto itself on the first day I got it.

18. Australis Mini Velourlips Matte Lip Cream Rio-D
- Even though I had thought about trying this line for sometime and even tested wearing most of these colours around Priceline before purchasing, I still feel a bit of buyer's remorse. Looks similar to Etude House OR205 and we all know how terrible that colour suits my thick lips:(

19. Australis Mini Velourlips Matte Lip Cream Bar-tha-lona
- A beautiful strawberry red. I really like this colour.

20. Australis Mini Velourlips Matte Lip Cream Shang-hi!
- Extremely similar to Etude House PK015 which means this colour looks good on me! But now I have a second dupe in my collection...


21. Australis Mini Velourlips Matte Lip Cream Tok-i-o
- I've always wanted to wear purple. Completely unique in my collection. I haven't had the opportunity to wear it out yet. I really want to wear it to a girl's night out or a shopping trip.

22. Australis Mini Velourlips Matte Lip Cream Mal-i-boo
- Pretty much the same colour as M.A.C Candy Yum Yum. Yup, this officially means I have too many lip colours if I'm finding multiple dupes in my collection.

Opened in 2016

23. Majolica Majorca Honey Pump Lip Essence
- Great for layering over liptints or lipsticks. Small and portable. Non-sticky.

24. M.A.C Lady Danger
- This is such a powerful colour. I love it.
Whoops, looks like I went a bit crazy buying and opening lip products at the end of 2015 after the 40% off makeup sale at Priceline. I don't know how many lip products I will be able to finish this year. Hopefully the two TonyMoly tints and an Etude House lipstick and a few of the Australis Matte Lip Creams because they are tiny.

25. Innisfree Creammellow Lipstick 09 Blueberry Burgundy (not pictured)
- I like this colour, but I don't need it because Shang-Hi and Dizzy Pink are so bloody similar! Unfortunately, I think it's redundant in my collection but I love berries and it suits meeeeee.

Will check back in nearer the end of the year to see how my lip collection has changed:D

No comments :

Post a Comment