Sunday 4 September 2016

Makeup and Skincare Empties + Review August 2016 (Project Use Up All the Samples 2k16)

Happy Father's Day! I wrote my dad a nice card, but we didn't end up doing that much today. He was going to paint the window sill in my room. That didn't happen as he realised that he needed two coats of paint, and each coat needed 10+ hours to dry. The paint project will be for next week.

I ended up accumulating *cough shopping* a lot during August. I have no idea how that happened. I received a package from beautynetkorea (ordered from beginning of July), ibuybeauti (ordered from beginning of July), package from Etude House (end of July/beginning of August), a 'package' from a reddit user, my first handbag, two Liz Lisa dresses (from Cathy), new pair of rocking horse shoes (from Cathy) and Liz Lisa shoes from ebay. I'll probably do separate posts for those...





Samples



1. QV Cream x 1
- I really like this cream. Non-scented and thick. The eczema on my thighs actually feel comfortable and soft to touch. QV never goes on sale, but I would consider buying this just for the eczema on my legs. WR.

2. Tony Moly Cat Wink's Chu 01 Cherry Pink x 1
- My favourite tint! Just opened the full size of the new Tony Tint Delight and have two more of this same sample version. WR.

3. Nivea Men x 1
- My thoughts are still the same as what I posted in my March empties... I'm not fond of the manly cologne scent. After looking through the ingredient list, I decided to use the creme on my feet. I prefer the German version of the cream if I were to put it on my face. WNR.

4. QV Wash x 1
- I actually liked this more than the gentle version of this body wash. It made my skin feel soft and I didn't get that slightly stinging sensation that some body washes give me. WNR.

5. QV Skin Lotion x 1
- Nice, lightly hydrating for the eczema on my legs. It was very runny and I liked that it wasn't scented. WNR.

6. Purito Snail All In One BB Cleanser x 1
- I've written about this countless times...WNR.

7. Etude House Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base #2 Berry Choux x 1
- My second last packet! As I've mentioned before, I find the formula a bit chalky and it doesn't work well with sunscreen. However, it looks awesome if you just want to colour correct or use it underneath a BB cream. I really want to try this in cushion form. WR.

8. The Face Shop The Therapy European Blending Formula x 1
- I found this sample fun to use as you simultaneously squeeze out a clear gel and a white opaque cream which you blend and then pat onto your face. Gimmicky? Sure, but at least I had a good time! I guess you could use the gel and the cream separately as well.WNR.

TOTAL= 8

Full Sized Products



1. Woolworths Nailpolish Remover x 1
- Does the job. WR.

2. COSRX AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid x 1
- The smell never really bothered me before but towards the end, I found the smell extremely irritating. I'm going to stop using AHA for the next few months whilst I use Melano CC toner and serum. Otherwise, I'm happy with this gentle acid and would repurchase. WR.

3. Swisse Deep Sea Hydrating Mist Toner x 1
- I really enjoyed this toner. I found it a bit tingly but I loved the fine mist and the types of ingredients that are in this mist. However, there are a number of essential oils which I think could cause potential irritation to my face in the long term so I have made the executive decision to not repurchase this (even though it was on sale for $5 TWICE in the past month). Might just stick with water or try the Muji toner. WNR.

4. Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal x 1
- I like the smell of this masque and I find it leaves my hair very soft for the next two or so days. Already repurchased on sale. WR.

5. Etude House Bite Me perfume x 1
- Review here.

6. Etude House My Castle Hand Cream in Pink Wish x 1
- I love the soft, sweet smell of this hand cream. It's pink! So lovely and beautiful. I only purchased this product because of the packaging... but the hand cream itself isn't that great. My hands still feel dry afterwards. WNR.

7. Kose Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil x 1
- Love this! There are still times when I accidentally get in the shower, wet my face, then remember I haven't put cleansing oil on my face yet. Luckily, the Speedy Cleansing Oil emulsifies with water already on my face whereas the other version of the oil do not. Not sure what the science behind that is, but I love it. WR.

8. Maybelline Mineral Concealer x 1
- I'm not sure what the full name of this was as the name has long since rubbed off. It was an Asian exclusive colour/range that was produced for Japan. I purchased this concealer in Hong Kong. It oxidized very badly and made my face orange. It also sunk into the dry cracks of my blemishes but I found that preferable to not having any concealer. WNR.

9. Innisfree Creammellow Lipstick 09 Blueberry Burgundy x 1
- I love the formula of this lipstick. Perfect for Winter as it was a thick, balm like formula with a sheer tint of glossy colour. I opened this at the beginning of Winter and finished it by the end of Winter as I used this lipstick everyday for three whole months. The colour was disappointing as it wore very pink rather than purple on my lips as I wanted, but the colour suited me well so I ended up using it all. My favourite Creammellow is still #08 Moistful Dewy Red. WNR this colour, but WR in another colour.

10. Etude House Drawing Eyebrow #06 Black x 1
- I love this crayon. Easy to use, but wears off throughout the day. Looks very natural. Already repurchased. WR.

TOTAL = 10

MONTH TOTAL = 18

RUNNING TOTAL = 153

Other Items


Various sheet masks x 16
(My Scheming x 2, Etude House x 1, Nature Republic x 1, Innisfree x 12)
Biore pore strip x 1

I feel like I used up a lot of full sized make up items this month. I'm going to try and finish using up a few more lip tints this season including the Etude House Spring 2014 Fresh Cherry Tints, the Aritaum Honey Melting Tint, and the 3CE Lip Lacquer.

2 comments :

  1. Hello, I see that you have used DHL shipping before and was wondering what you thought of their service? I've read many bad reviews and am worried about the innisfree package I ordered to be delivered to my college

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophia, I thought DHL was great. It was even faster than EMS for me! I have heard horror stories about DHL returning packages to their distribution centre but my brother was home to sign for my package and everything came in perfect condition. I'm very late in sending you a reply, so I hope you received your package fine if you decided to order from Innisfree:)

      Delete