Sunday 14 May 2017

Makeup and Skincare Empties + Review April 2017 (Project Use Up All the Samples 2k17)

Lots of full empties this month! I think I'm getting better at using up my stash at the moment-- I think it's mostly just finding the beauty subreddits I like to hang out in 'boring'. I'm mostly on a discussion sub now, and scrolling through the front page.

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been putting more money into clothes... to the extent where I've spent the same amount on clothes this year as what I've spent on all makeup/skincare/hair care all of last year. Whoops. I am so bad and actually need to invest my money properly as a grown up.

The last thing I spent 'big' on in April was tickets to see BTS in Sydney! I knew exactly what I wanted and finished checking out and got my email confirmation at 2.02pm when the Ticketek website started crashing lol. Tickets were released at 2pm so *shrug*

Using my phone to take photos again. It's convenient but the quality isn't as good as my camera. I'm just so put off with using my camera after all those lens issues T^T




Samples



1. Benefit Dandelion (Travel size) x1
- I love this blush. It's subtle enough to be difficult to overdo and gives my skin the right amount of flush on my cheeks. I'm currently using the full-size I got during the Myer Boxing Day sale! WR.

2. Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream x1 
- The mini tube is cute. I actually received this sample after I finished a few sachet samples and also the full-size. This cream is my favourite to date because it is just so smooth and moisturising. I would definitely repurchase...if I can find it for a good price after the price hike. WR.

3. Benton Honest Cleansing Foam x 1
- Not much to say except that I've used it before. It didn't strip my skin dry or cause any reactions. It foams well enough. I'm back to using Cetaphil at the moment and will probably just buy something from Priceline next time. WNR.

4. Benton Snail Bee High Content Lotion x 2
- I've also used many samples of this before. I like that it is a watery lotion option to use in the hotter months and it is not as heavy as the cream. My skin is dry and prefers the richest stuff available so... WNR.

5. Etude House Precious Mineral Cotton Fit BB Cream x 1
- So we meet again my least favourite BB cream in the world! I still decided to use it because I didn't want to waste it. It took me a week and a bit to finish the sachet. It still looks cakey on my face after a few hours and clings onto dry patches. The colour is super pale and yellow. It is difficult to match but looks okay on my face straight after a thin layer. I know this was made for oily skin and we were just not meant to be. WNR.

6. Skin79 Hot Pink x 1
- Still my HG BB. I love you. WR.

7. Etude House Pink Vital Water Serum x 1
- This smells so good! Like peaches. It was of a gel consistency and it felt nice on my skin. Other than that, I think it only lasted three applications. I think if I was going to purchase a serum, I would get one that is suitable for my skin type, age, and has active ingredients in it. WNR.

8. Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream x 3
- ...and yet we meet again never ending Lioele BB Cream. Ironically, I keep on seeing people get this as a sample yet I had never gotten it so when I saw it in Colormix in Hong Kong for an okay semi-expensive price I decided to buy it. Of course, after I decided I didn't like this BB Cream, I kept on getting samples upon samples of it. It's better than Etude House Cotton Fit, but not better than Skin79. I don't mind the smell, it's just very thick and very grey. It has super coverage which I like but it does cake face me at the end of the day. The SPF also gives me the palest ghost face and my uncle told me that my face was too white and I was like 'This is the only colour available and I spent heaps of money on this BB so let me use it up everyday for the next year and a half in peace plz'. WNR.

9. Nature Republic Ginseng Royal Silk Watery Cream x 6
- I used up a few of these last month. My opinion remains the same: pretty with gold leaf, smells like soap, not sure about wrinkle improvement, hydrating enough. WNR.

Sample total = 17

Full Sized



1. Nature Republic Hand & Nature Hand Butter in Shea Butter (D.O) x 1
- I'm still not sure if I like this baby powder-like scent of shea butter but as I mentioned in my review, this hand cream /feels/ moisturising on the surface but doesn't really seem to sink into the deeper layers of the skin on my hand. Anyways, review here. I'll happy use the second tube but WNR.

2. Nail Polish remover x 1
- It still smells awful but takes off my nail polish effectively which is all I want. WR.

3. Skin Aqua Sarafit UV Essence SPF 50+ PA++++ x 1
- I liked how quickly this sunscreen dried on my skin, but this is because it smells heavily of alcohol. It was nice to use a more creamy sun protectant as opposed to the watery milks I've been using but I think I will stick to the alcohol less sunscreens for now. Mainly for my nose and I feel my face finds the alcohol in the suncream a bit too drying when paired up with a BB cream. WNR.

4. Kose Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil x 1
- Tbh I can't tell the difference between this deep one and the whitening oil. The oil feels a bit thicker? I like the speedy version which can be used on a dry or a wet face more. Of course, if this was on sale I'd still buy it as it effectively removes my mascara, eye makeup, sunscreen, and BB cream. WR.

5. Missha Frui-tea Cleansing Foam Apple Tea x 1
- I enjoyed the smell of this much more than the blueberry one. Foams well and is cheap and my face didn't feel overly tight. WR.

Full sized total = 5

RUNNING TOTAL = 46

Other Items


- Various masks from Innisfree, Nature Republic, and Mamonde (x9)
- Biore pore strip
This month I'm working on my eyeshadows (I got the new Etude House Play Color Eyes Cherry Blossom palette!), lipstick (goodbye my Innisfree Creammellow lipstick in 08 Moistful Dewy Red, and Mamonde Creamy Tint Color Balm), and also masks (some of my Taiwanese masks are expiring end of this year... some Innisfree ones as well...and I just got like another 50+ masks from Etude House lol). Yup. 

I truly enjoy buying and using beauty products heh.


No comments :

Post a Comment