Saturday 4 November 2017

Makeup and Skincare Empties + Review May and June 2017 (Project Use Up All the Samples 2k17)

I'm so behind on blogging my empties. Whoops^^;; I've just been plodding along with life, wanting a bit more from work and my relationship(s). 

There's a lot here because I combined two months worth of empties. Let's go!






Samples





1. Skin79 Hot Pink BB Cream x 1
- My HG. I talk about this one all the time! WR.

2. Purito Snail Clearing BB Cream x 4
- I received too many of these in my lucky box from eopenmarket. Very meh and too grey for my liking. Passable. I still have like 30 sample packets left, so it'll take me at least another six months to finish off:( WNR.

3. Tony Moly BCDation x 2
- I really like the soft texture of this (and the smell). I also enjoy the peachy colour, but it's a bit too pale for my face. I do end up looking a little bit cakey at the end of the day, but it is expected as it is part foundation. WNR.

4. Garnier Miracle Skin Cream x 1 DS
- This was a white cream with tiny grey microbeads. When you spread it, it changes colour...to orange. I guess it's supposed to be a CC cream. It was a terrible colour match. I thought it was supposed to be a cream? I threw it out and didn't use it. WNR.

5. Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream x 1
- I actually quite liked this BB cream, but not as much as my OG HG at the top^. It's a tiny bit darker than Triple the Solution (which once again, was too grey for me) and has no SPF. That didn't particularly bother me as I wear sunscreen everyday regardless. It felt a bit heavy on my skin though. WNR.

6. Etude House Glow On Hydra Base and Oil Volume Base x 2
- To be honest... I couldn't really notice any difference between either and I don't normally use a primer/base on my face. I just liked the tiny flecks of gold and silver in the product and it did make my face feel smooth and help my BB cream glide on. WNR.

7. The Face Shop Myeonghan Miindo Heaven Grade Ginseng Emulsion x 1
- This was very runny. I generally don't use an emulsion in my routine and I don't felt that this made my skin feel any more moisturised than usual after using it. It had a milky/ginseng scent. WNR.

8.  The Face Shop Myeonghan Miindo Heaven Grade Ginseng Cream x 1
- This was more up my alley. However, it also wasn't particularly moisturising and I would prefer to use other creams. WNR.

9. Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse POREraser CC x 1 DS
- As I mentioned before, I don't use primer/bases normally so it is a bit of a redundant step. I do like shaking the bottle every morning and pressing out a bit of mousse to smooth on my face, and I enjoy the strawberry yoghurt smell. The pink colour helps to brighten the skin a lot under my BB cream, but I think it makes my skin a bit too pale. I didn't see any visible signs of my pores being minimised.


10. Etude House Baking Powder BB Deep Pore Cleanser x 1
- I used to love love LOVE this cleanser. I really liked the scrub bits in it and the fresh lemon scent. However, the renewed version doesn't have a lemon scent. I can't remember what it smelled like, but it wasn't lemon. I've enjoyed using cleansers which foam a lot as a second cleanser, but I really like how great this cleanser was at taking off my BB cream and cleaning my cushion puffs. WR.

11. Etude House Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Foam x1
- This cleansing foam has a herbally scent. I didn't particularly enjoy it-- I prefer the deep pore version above. WNR.

12. Benton Honest Cleansing Foam x1
- Doesn't leave a particular impression about being a particularly good or bad foam cleanser. It doesn't foam a lot with my bubbler. I mostly used it to clean my cushion puff. WNR.

13. Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel x 2
- I liked how light and thin this gel felt and it feels great applied over blemishes heh. I think it'll be a great gel to use in the summer for oily skin. I think my dry skin needs something a tiny bit more heavy duty. WNR.

14. Shu Uemura Skin Purifier x 1 DS
- Same thoughts as previously-- it's really expensive for what it is-- a cleansing oil. I still need to use an eye makeup remover afterwards. I prefer my Kose Speedy Cleansing oil. WNR.

15. CLIO Makeup Cleansing Oil x 1 DS
- I got this as part of a Kill Black Brush liner set. I liked the smell of this oil cleanser. It is probably one of the thickest oil cleansers I've used compared to the Kose oils and the Shu Uemura oil. It is gentle which I like, but as I mentioned before, I really enjoy the Kose Speedy Cleansing oil as it can be used on dry and wet skin. WNR.

Sample total = 21



Full Sized




1. Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Makeup Remover x 1
- I've used up so many bottles of this stuff! My HG, especially since you can get it for cheap at around $6 when there is a 50% off sale at Coles or 40% off sale at Priceline. I've mentioned this time and again, but it would be perfect if the opening portion was fixed so I don't pour half of the bottle in the sink when I'm trying to get the remover on a cotton tip.

2. Mizon Good Night White Sleeping Pack x 1
- This is another item I've repurchased several times and I can't believe my lazy ass never wrote about it T^T I really like the light medical smell and how glowy and moisturised my face feels the next morning. It's not as relaxing as a sleeping mask compared to Laneige (that one has a calming scent in it to help you sleep) but for a fifth of the price, I can't complain. WR.

3. The Saem Cover Perfection Tip Concealer 1.5 x 1
- I really like this for covering dark circles and discolouration on my face. I do put it on pimples but it once it dries it shows off the flakes terribly. I think 1.5 is a good match for me. I'm already using my second tube. Great price, fantastic product. Might also try some other concealers from The Saem. WR.


4. CLIO Waterproof Pencil Gel Liner #14 Bloody Angel x 1
- I got this at Watsons in Taiwan. It is creamy and shimmery. Once dried, it doesn't budge! I very much enjoyed the little sharpener built in at the bottom of the pencil, but it clogged up with the liner very quickly and it was hard to clean. Unfortunately, the lid on my pencil cracked early on and dried out very quickly. I did like the colour of this and I wish I had better skills to use this eyeliner as I've seen some beautiful looks created with this pencil online. WNR.

5. Neutrogena Swiss Formula Hand Cream x 1
- One of the participants at work left this. There was around half a tube left. It was very thick and balmy. I enjoyed it on my hands and feet. WR.

6. 3CE 3 Concept Eyes Waterful Concealer #002 x 1
- Worst concealer ever. It didn't cover anything and was very orange. It also pilled very easily with sunscreen and BB cream. I liked the pudding texture though, and it has very similar packaging to MAC. WNR.


7. Kao Meguizuma Steam Hot Eye Mask in Yuzu x 1
- My sweet friend Helen let me use this as we were sleeping over at Rose's hotel room on a Sunday night and I was the only one who had to go to work the next morning lol. I enjoyed the scent but didn't find it particularly relaxing, probably because I'm not used to sleeping with eye masks. I still woke up looking like hell though. It's a maybe for me. MR. (maybe I should have put this down in 'Other Items').

8. Nature Republic EXO Natural Butter Lip Balm 02 Strawberry (Chen) x 1
- Review here WNR but I could be tempted because I am EXO trash.

9. Innsifree Creammellow Lipstick 08 Moistuful Dewy Red x 1
- My favourite MVP lipstick of all time. It's a beautiful, sheer blue based red, extremely easy to wear and makes your lips look plump and full. Perfect for winter as it helps to smooth dry lips. I actually can't believe I've never written a review for the three that I had and finished using up. I tried to buy a back up/other colours on ebay this year, but this entire line has now been discontinued. I have a review of ibuybeauti who I purchased the lipsticks from here. I purchased a similar renewed 2016 version of the lipstick a few months ago and just decided to stop saving this last silver of lipstick:) WR.

Full sized total = 9

RUNNING TOTAL = 76


Other Items






-16 various masks including Etude House, Nature Republic, My Beauty Diary, FaceQ
- Black head mask
- Contact lens solution lol

Yay, I'm now only four months behind now.

No comments :

Post a Comment